Cost of Living in Batam, Indonesia
Last updated on Mar 02, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in Batam, Indonesia is relatively low compared to other cities in the region. A nice one bedroom apartment can cost around $400 USD per month, while a nice two bedroom apartment can cost around $600 USD per month. Dinner at a moderately priced restaurant can cost around $10 USD per person.
Is the cost of living in Batam high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Batam, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Batam is generally considered to be quite affordable. Basic necessities such as food, transportation, and housing are relatively inexpensive compared to other cities in the region. Eating out at restaurants is also quite affordable, with many local eateries offering meals for a fraction of the cost of similar meals in other countries. Additionally, the cost of entertainment and leisure activities is quite low, making it a great destination for budget travelers," remarked one in Batam.
Will I save money living in Batam?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Batam?
- How do I find a place to live in Batam?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Batam?
- What is the average cost of housing in Batam?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Batam?
- What should I pack when moving to Batam?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Batam?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Batam?
- What are healthcare services like in Batam?
- Is the cost of living in Batam high?
- Will I save money living in Batam?
- Why do people move to Batam?
- How are healthcare services Batam?
- What are medical services in Batam like?