What should I pack when moving to Playa Jaco?
We asked people living in Playa Jaco to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"Essential items to pack when moving to Playa Jaco include casual clothing, comfortable shoes, swimsuit, sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, beach towels, lightweight blanket, bed linens, kitchen items, cleaning supplies, mobile phone and charger, toiletries, medications, important documents, flashlights, battery-operated alarm clock, and any personal items you may need," wrote a member who made the move to Playa Jaco, Costa Rica.
"The items I wish I had brought to Costa Rica - or maybe I should say as an expat living in Costa Rica I wish I had brought more of - are bed linens, pillows and bedcovering (lightweight as it's warm at the beaches), another set of kitchen pots/pans, a quality sound system for the outside, exercise clothes and quality footwear for hiking. Items that I wish I had left at home: We moved to Costa Rica 17 years ago and did not use a container service. We basically packed our goods up in plastic containers for the airline and moved in that manner. Items that I wish I'd left at home are not many to mention. I probably bought too many clothes. (Being a woman, that's what we do!) I have clothing for colder climates but have never used them being at the beach. By using the airlines (and the help of friends too!) as a means of transportation, everything was scrutinized prior to packing as far as if we really "needed" it in Costa Rica (CR) so I'm proud to say we didn't bring much that we are now regretting," explained one expat living in Playa Hermosa de Jaco, Costa Rica.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Playa Jaco?
- What do I need to know before moving to Playa Jaco?
- How do I find a place to live in Playa Jaco?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Playa Jaco?
- What is the average cost of housing in Playa Jaco?
- How do I meet people in Playa Jaco?
- What should I pack when moving to Playa Jaco?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Playa Jaco?
- Will I be able to find a job in Playa Jaco?
- What is life like in Playa Jaco?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Playa Jaco?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Playa Jaco?
- What is the social scene like in Playa Jaco?
- What advice to expats in Playa Jaco have about housing?
- What are medical services in Playa Jaco like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Playa Jaco?
- Is the cost of living in Playa Jaco high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Playa Jaco?
- Why do people move to Playa Jaco?
What should I pack when moving to Playa Jaco?If you live in Playa Jaco, newcomers to Playa Jaco would love to hear your answer to this question.