An Expat Talks about What is Was Like Having a Baby in Santiago, Panama
What is the name of the city or town that you are reporting on?
How recently did you give birth in the country that you are reporting on?
2 births already, 1 more in Nov 2010
Describe your experience giving birth there. What type of facility did you go to? What (if any) type of pain management did you use? How long did you stay in the hospital? Was it a positive experience? Etc...
Private clinic in Santiago - Jesus de Nazareno. Top quality from the doctors and nurses. My wife was attended by the Gyn or Pediatrician from the moment she went into labor until the baby was born. The doctors stayed in the same room as us THE ENTIRE TIME and gave us THEIR FULL ATTENTION! Total cost for 2 nights in the hospital, epidural, and circumcision= $1200. Dr. Villaba is great, very kind and patient.
How did you choose your doctor, midwife or other type of medical professional?
Dr. Villaba (ObGyn) is very well respected in Santiago and was recommended by another doctor. The pediatrician, Dr. Villalaz, is very good with kids and has taken care of my oldest 2. He offices with Villaba.
If you were to have another child in this country, would you do anything differently in terms of preparation and/or the delivery?
The setup was ideal. The only thing I could have done to make it better - bring a fluffier pillow from home.
If a friend of yours living in the same country were expecting a baby, what advice would you give her?
The care you will receive here is unlike the US. THe doctors are very hands on - not afraid to touch you. They have very good bedside manner and are not in a hurry. The Ob yo start with will be with you until the baby is born.
- Panama Guide
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Panama
- Members Talk about Healthcare & Health Insurance in Panama
- Best Places to Live in Panama
- Real Estate in Panama
- Guide to Real Estate in Panama
- Pros & Cons of Living in Panama
- Cost of Living in Panama
- Chikungunya Disease in Panama
- Zika Virus in Panama
- How to Rent a Home in Panama
- How to Enroll in the Public Healthcare System in Panama
- 2023 Guide to Living in Panama
- Pros and Cons of Living in Panama 2023
- 2023 Guide to Moving to Panama
- More Advice about Retiring in Panama
- Members Talk about the Cost of Living in Panama