15 Expats Talk about Health Insurance and Healthcare in Ecuador
Last updated on Jun 22, 2023
Summary: The quality of medical care in Ecuador is generally considered to be good, although it is not as advanced as the medical care available in the United States. Emergency services are available in Ecuador, and ambulances can be called by dialing 911. In some areas, private ambulance services may also be available.
How are healthcare services Ecuador?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Ecuador, they replied:
"This is the best medical care in terms of caring for you and really identifying the best way to correct the medical issues of people. Doctors really care for their patients, and spend time talking and testing for the real problem and thus coming up with a real solution to your specific issue. And all done at a bargain price," wrote one expat.
"Seeing a doctor in Cuenca is an easy matter. No appointment necessary in most cases. Excellent service and good quality for a much lower cost that the U.S," commented one expat who moved to Cuenca.
What are medical services in Ecuador like?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- Ecuador Guide
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Ecuador
- Members Talk about Healthcare & Health Insurance in Ecuador
- Best Places to Live in Ecuador
- Real Estate in Ecuador
- Guide to Real Estate in Ecuador
- Pros & Cons of Living in Ecuador
- Cost of Living in Ecuador
- 10 Tips for Living in Ecuador
- 5 Great Places to Retire in South America
- 2023 Guide to Living in Ecuador
- Pros and Cons of Living in Ecuador 2023
- 2023 Guide to Moving to Ecuador