Cost of Living in Romania
Last updated on May 12, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in Romania is generally considered to be quite affordable. A nice 1 bedroom apartment in Romania can cost anywhere from $200 to $400 per month, while a nice 2 bedroom apartment can cost anywhere from $400 to $800 per month. The cost of dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Romania is usually around $10 to $15 per person.
Is the cost of living in Romania high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Romania, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Romania is generally considered to be quite affordable. Groceries, transportation, and utilities are all relatively inexpensive compared to other European countries. Eating out can also be quite affordable, with a meal at a mid-range restaurant costing around 10-15 euros. Rent prices vary depending on the city and the size of the apartment, but generally range from 200-400 euros per month," said one person in Romania.
Will I save money living in Romania?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- Romania Guide
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Romania
- Members Talk about Healthcare & Health Insurance in Romania
- Best Places to Live in Romania
- Guide to Real Estate in Romania
- Pros & Cons of Living in Romania
- Cost of Living in Romania
- 10 Best Places for Families to Live in Romania
- Driving in Bucharest
- Getting a Driver's License in Romania
- 15 Best Places to Live in Romania
- 2023 Guide to Living in Romania
- 2023 Guide to Moving to Romania