Real Estate in Romania
Last updated on Mar 12, 2023
Summary: An expat looking to buy a home in Romania should begin by researching the local real estate market. They should look for listings on websites such as Imobiliare.ro, Zillow, and OLX. They should also consider contacting a local real estate agent for assistance. Foreigners are allowed to purchase properties in Romania, however, they must obtain a permit from the Romanian Ministry of Justice. Homes in Romania typically include amenities such as central heating, air conditioning, and modern appliances. Many homes also have balconies, terraces, and gardens.
How do I find a place to live in Romania?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered:
"One of the best ways to find a place to live in Romania is to use online resources such as websites and classifieds. Websites such as Imobiliare.ro, OLX.ro, and Ziarul Imobiliar are great resources for finding apartments, houses, and other types of real estate in Romania. Additionally, classifieds such as Craigslist and Gumtree can be used to find rental properties in Romania. Additionally, it is possible to find a place to live in Romania by networking with people in the area, such as friends, family, or colleagues. Finally, it is also possible to find a place to live in Romania by contacting local real estate agents or property management companies," said one person in Romania.
"Through aquaintances. Met some international exchange students and kept in contact with them shrough social networks," said one expat who made the move to Bucharest.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Romania?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Romania?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Romania?
- Will I be able to find a job in Romania?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Romania appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Romania?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Romania accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Romania like?
- How are healthcare services Romania?
- What are medical services in Romania like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Romania?
- What are emergency services like in Romania?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Romania?
- How are local medical facilities in Romania?
- As a foreigner living in Romania, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?