Real Estate in Las Terrenas, the Dominican Republic
Last updated on Apr 01, 2023
Summary: The average cost of a nice 2 bedroom home in Las Terrenas, Dominican Rep is around $200,000 USD. The average cost of a nice 3 bedroom home in Las Terrenas is around $250,000 USD. These properties typically include modern amenities such as air conditioning, swimming pools, and private gardens. There are no restrictions on foreign ownership for properties in Las Terrenas. An expat should search for a home to buy in Las Terrenas by researching the local real estate market, visiting the area, and speaking with local real estate agents. The most desirable neighborhoods in Las Terrenas include Playa Bonita, El Portillo, and Las Ballenas.
How do I find a place to live in Las Terrenas?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered:
"One of the best ways to find a place to live in Las Terrenas is to contact a local real estate agent. They will be able to provide you with a list of available properties in the area and can help you find the perfect place to call home. Additionally, you can search online for rental listings in the area, or ask around in the local community for recommendations," remarked one foreigner who made the move to Las Terrenas.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Las Terrenas?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What should I pack when moving to Las Terrenas?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Las Terrenas?
- Will I be able to find a job in Las Terrenas?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Las Terrenas appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Las Terrenas?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Las Terrenas accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Las Terrenas like?
- How are healthcare services Las Terrenas?
- What are medical services in Las Terrenas like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Las Terrenas?
- What are emergency services like in Las Terrenas?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Las Terrenas?
- How are local medical facilities in Las Terrenas?
- As a foreigner living in Las Terrenas, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?