Will I save money living in Nassau?
We asked expats if they save money living in Nassau. They said...
"Living in Nassau can be more expensive than living in the United States in some areas. The cost of living in Nassau is generally higher than in the United States, with the cost of housing, food, and transportation being particularly expensive. However, there are some areas where living in Nassau can be more affordable than in the United States, such as entertainment, healthcare, and taxes. Additionally, the cost of living in Nassau can be offset by the lower cost of living in other parts of the Bahamas," wrote a member who made the move to Nassau, Bahamas.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
"Yes, we expected it to cost us more and it has. No kidding, this is not a cheap island to retire too. Everything costs more here from groceries to real estate. Expect to spend more then you would in your home country," explained one expat living in Coral Harbour, Bahamas.
- What should I pack when moving to Nassau?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nassau?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nassau?
- What is life like in Nassau?
- What do expats in Nassau appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Nassau?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Nassau accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Nassau like?
- What are healthcare services like in Nassau?
- What are medical services in Nassau like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nassau?
- What are emergency services like in Nassau?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Nassau?
- How are local medical facilities in Nassau?
- As a foreigner living in Nassau, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Will I save money living in Nassau?If you live in Nassau, newcomers to Nassau would love to hear your answer to this question.