What do I need to know before retiring in Dusseldorf?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Dusseldorf, they said...
"Before retiring in Dusseldorf, expats should be aware of the cost of living, which is higher than in many other parts of Germany. Expats should also research the local healthcare system and make sure they have adequate health insurance coverage. Additionally, expats should familiarize themselves with the local language, as German is the official language in Dusseldorf. Finally, expats should research the local culture and customs to ensure they are prepared to integrate into the local community," wrote a member who made the move to Dusseldorf, Germany.
We've partnered with Homelike, to connect expats and newcomers with temporary accommodations in Germany. If you're moving to Germany, rent a short-term, furnished apartment or home for the first few months from Homelike and take your time figuring out the best place to live in Germany.
- What should I pack when moving to Dusseldorf?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Dusseldorf?
- Will I be able to find a job in Dusseldorf?
- What is life like in Dusseldorf?
- What do expats in Dusseldorf appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Dusseldorf?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Dusseldorf accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Dusseldorf like?
- What are healthcare services like in Dusseldorf?
- What are medical services in Dusseldorf like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Dusseldorf?
- What are emergency services like in Dusseldorf?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Dusseldorf?
- How are local medical facilities in Dusseldorf?
- As a foreigner living in Dusseldorf, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before retiring in Dusseldorf?If you live in Dusseldorf, newcomers to Dusseldorf would love to hear your answer to this question.