Last updated on Apr 21, 2023
Summary: The population of Hannover is 545,000. Hannover is a vibrant city with a rich cultural heritage, a great nightlife, and plenty of green spaces. Expats love the city's excellent public transportation system, its affordability, and its friendly locals. The weather in Hannover is generally mild, with temperatures ranging from an average low of 32°F (0°C) in the winter to an average high of 68°F (20°C) in the summer. The average cost of living in Hannover for an expat is around $1,500 per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is around $800 per month, and a two bedroom apartment is around $1,100 per month.
What do I need to know about living in Hannover?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Hannover, they said:
"Before retiring in Hannover, expats should be aware of the cost of living, which is generally lower than in other German cities. They should also research the local healthcare system and the availability of medical services. Additionally, expats should familiarize themselves with the local language, as many people in Hannover speak German. It is also important to research the local culture and customs, as well as the climate and weather in the area. Finally, expats should consider the availability of transportation, as well as the cost of housing and other living expenses," remarked one expat living in Hannover, Germany.
What do I need to know before moving to Hannover?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Hannover?
- How do I find a place to live in Hannover?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Hannover?
- What is the average cost of housing in Hannover?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Hannover?
- What should I pack when moving to Hannover?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Hannover?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Hannover?
- What are healthcare services like in Hannover?
- Is the cost of living in Hannover high?
- Will I save money living in Hannover?
- Why do people move to Hannover?
- How are healthcare services in Hannover?
- What are medical services in Hannover like?