What should I pack when moving to Prague?
We asked people living in Prague to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Prague, it is important to pack items that will make the transition to a new city easier. Consider packing comfortable clothing for all seasons, as the weather in Prague can vary greatly. It is also important to bring any necessary documents, such as a passport, visa, and any other important paperwork. Additionally, it is a good idea to bring any necessary electronics, such as a laptop, phone, and charger. Finally, it is important to bring any items that will make your new home feel like home, such as pictures, decorations, and other personal items," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Prague, Czechia.
"Things that I wish I had brought: A Czech-English Dictionary (now how will I make myself understood in the bookstore..? :-) ) Things that I wish I had left at home: Nothing," commented one expat who made the move to Prague, Czech Rep.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Prague?
- What do I need to know before moving to Prague?
- How do I find a place to live in Prague?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Prague?
- What is the average cost of housing in Prague?
- How do I meet people in Prague?
- What should I pack when moving to Prague?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Prague?
- Will I be able to find a job in Prague?
- What is life like in Prague?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Prague?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Prague?
- What is the social scene like in Prague?
- What advice to expats in Prague have about housing?
- What are medical services in Prague like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Prague?
- Is the cost of living in Prague high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Prague?
- Why do people move to Prague?
What should I pack when moving to Prague?If you live in Prague, newcomers to Prague would love to hear your answer to this question.