How do I meet people in Egypt?
When we asked people living in Egypt about club and activities where newcomers can meet others, they responded...
"Expats in Egypt often join clubs and activities such as sports teams, book clubs, and language classes. Expats can also meet people by attending local events such as concerts, festivals, and art exhibitions. Additionally, many expats find it helpful to join online forums and social media groups related to their interests. This can be a great way to connect with other expats and locals in the area," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Egypt.
"The British Club and read the free newspapers for groups that meet once a week or so," commented one expat who made the move to Alexandria, Egypt.
- What should I pack when moving to Egypt?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Egypt?
- Will I be able to find a job in Egypt?
- What is life like in Egypt?
- What do expats in Egypt appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Egypt?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Egypt accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Egypt like?
- What are healthcare services like in Egypt?
- What are medical services in Egypt like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Egypt?
- What are emergency services like in Egypt?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Egypt?
- How are local medical facilities in Egypt?
- As a foreigner living in Egypt, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
How do I meet people in Egypt?If you live in Egypt, newcomers to Egypt would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.