Expats in Guatemala: Pros and Cons of Living in Guatemala
Summary: Expats are very forthcoming about the pros and cons of living in Guatemala. Pros include the spring-like weather, the low cost of living and the lifestyle. Cons include limited access to quality healthcare (especially outside of Guatemala City), gringo pricing, crime and the reality that the rainy season can be depressing.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- Guatemala Guide
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Guatemala
- Members Talk about Healthcare & Health Insurance in Guatemala
- Best Places to Live in Guatemala
- Real Estate in Guatemala
- Guide to Real Estate in Guatemala
- Pros & Cons of Living in Guatemala
- Cost of Living in Guatemala
- 15 Best Beach Towns in Central America
- Pros and Cons of Living in Guatemala
- 5 Important Tips about Healthcare for Expats in Guatemala
- 7 Things to Know Before You Move to Guatemala
- 2023 Guide to Living in Guatemala
- Pros and Cons of Living in Guatemala 2023
- 2023 Guide to Moving to Guatemala