Read & Post Comments
Mar 31, 2020 Update
We Asked: What is currently happening with regard to the Coronavirus outbreak in your area? Please provide as much detail as possible. She replied...
Tracking Corona Virus cases
at arcgis.com. This tracks corona virus all over Oregon. I am in Jackson County Oregon. You can see the stats.
How People are Coping
We Asked: How are people handling the situation in your area? She replied...
People are complying very well in Ashland. Masks, gloves, not many out on the streets, staying 6 feet away.
Changing Conditions as coronavirus Spreads
We Asked: How has the situation changed as the Coronavirus has spread? She replied...
People are taking the spread more seriously. Businesses are taking it more seriously. In the hotel where I am at, I have had to remind the maids and management to wear gloves and the staff to post signs other than putting out hand sanitizers at the desk. Important to remind people around you to the precautionary principle in force.
Grocery stores are open, lines are drawn on the floor six feet apart (same in banks), Some stores are experimenting by putting up glass screens up at some of the grocery counters to protect staff and customers from exposure. to one another. People are wearing gloves. I haven't seen as many masks on folks yet, but the outbreak is hitting America later. Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland, WA was the first hospital to get 5G. That's where patients are dying. There is a definite link between 5G and corona virus. 5G Millimeter waves/array beams weaken the immune system. Look up Dr. Martin Pall on the internet and the 8 biological mechanisms that wireless interferes with.
We Asked: Describe how the government of the country about which you are reporting is handling this situation. She replied...
Our governor and mayors have ordered robo calling to put out the messages from the Oregon Health Authority and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Orders are to Stay Home. Go out only for essential services. Schools, theaters, pools are closed, even national parks, bars, and gatherings more than 10 people due to spring break when kids tend to party.
Trump thinks businesses can get back to work in a couple of weeks against the advice of health authorities. Way way too optimistic. I think he is more concerned about the stock market than the health of the people. However, we have other agencies taking the precaution. The telecom companies are still pushing 5G. The US Telecom Act Section 704 removed our environment and health protections. We are not automatons! Look at the International EMF Alliance Notice to Governments.
Recommendations: Don't consent to the unethical roll out of 5G. Take a stand. Do not buy 5G phones. Use wired computers. Stay 12' from routers or put fine mesh screens over the routers. Keep as far away from antennas as possible. DO NOT GET 5G phones! Streaming is NOT worth your health or those around you that you care about.
Government Response with Regard to Expats
We Asked: Describe how your home country's government has handled the outbreak situation with regards to its expatriate citizens. She replied...
No crossing over between US and Canada borders. Air flights to HI on HI Air have been cancelled. HI citizens have petitioned the government not to allow ships to let passengers off onto the islands.
Oregon cities (like Astoria I just heard) won't let folks off the ships along the coast into their cities.
Military has just been sent to the southern US border where Mexico is in order to control further movement into the US.
Supplies and Shortages
We Asked: Is there a shortage of supplies in your location? She replied...
Shortage of about 2 weeks supplies of masks and gloves to businesses.
Suggest if you can't get the thin gloves, use dish washing gloves with very hot water for 20 seconds. Those gloves are meant to handle very hot water and can be reused then.
Corona virus doesn't like heat.
Preparing for the Future
We Asked: What are you doing in terms of preparations in case the situation deteriorates in your location? She replied...
As recommended by John Hopkins University Medical division.
1) NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
2) Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc.. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
3) Open doors with your closed fist or hip - do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.
4) Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
5) Wash your hands with soap for 10-20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
6) Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home's entrances. AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can't immediately wash your hands.
7) If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more! Further, What I have stocked in preparation for the pandemic spread to the US:
1) Latex or nitrile latex disposable gloves for use when going shopping, using the gasoline pump, and all other outside activity when you come in contact with contaminated areas.
2) Stocked up now with disposable surgical masks and use them to prevent you from touching your nose and/or mouth (We touch our nose/mouth 90X/day without knowing it!). This is the only way this virus can infect you - it is lung-specific. The mask will not prevent the virus in a direct sneeze from getting into your nose or mouth - it is only to keep you from touching your nose or mouth.
3) Stocked up now with hand sanitizers and latex/nitrile gloves (get the appropriate sizes for your family). The hand sanitizers must be alcohol-based and greater than 60% alcohol to be effective.
I am Strengthening my immune system with fresh squeezed orange juice (high C) everyday and take nutritional supplements and eating healthy, brushing teeth well. Dentists are only seeing emergency cases if at all.
The 15 coronavirus-inhibiting plants were:
• Amaryllis (Hippeastrum hybrid)
• Snowdrop (Galanthus nivalis)
• Daffodil (Narcissus pseudonarcissus)
• Red spider lily (Lycoris radiate)
• Leek (Allium porrum)
• Ramsons (Allium ursinum)
• Taro (Colocasia esculenta)
• Cymbidium orchid (Cymbidium hybrid)
• Twayblade (Listera ovata)
• Broad-leaved helleborine (Epipactis helleborine)
• Tulip (Tulipa hybrid)
• Black mulberry tree (Morus Nigra)
• Tabacco plant (Nicotiana tabacum)
• Stinging nettle (Urtica dioica)
From Green Med
Humans have never seen this snake-associated virus before and have no internal defense against it. Tremendous worldwide efforts are being made to understand the molecular and clinical virology of this virus. Unbelievable molecular knowledge about the genomics, structure, and virulence of this virus has already been achieved. BUT, there will be NO drugs or vaccines available this year to protect us or limit the infection within us. Only symptomatic support is available.
I hope these personal thoughts will be helpful during this potentially catastrophic pandemic.
Lockdown & Passing the Time
We Asked: Are you staying home? If so, how are you passing the time?
Yes. I am staying at a home away from home. Resting, eating healthy, walks close by in nature, connecting via internet to help in this situation with updated information to help calm and bring awareness to preventative steps in the current situation, laughing, BEING IMMENSELY GRATEFUL FOR OUR LIVES, FAMILY, FRIENDS. and PRAYING FOR DIVINE INTERVENTION.
Public Healthcare & Public Hospitals
We Asked: Are you enrolled in the public healthcare system where you live? Do you feel that the public hospitals are handling or preparing for the Coronavirus outbreak effectively? She replied...
Medicare and private secondary insurance. However, I will not go into a hospital or doctors office for wellness visits. Only if the situation were dire. Hospitals are hot beds for disease so don't go visiting to others in person in the hospital. Use social media.
Private Health Insurance & Private Hospitals
We Asked: Do you have private health insurance? If you have private insurance, does this give you access to private hospitals? Are private hospitals or clinics better prepared, less prepared, or the same? Please explain. She replied...
I have private health insurance and yes, it gives access to private hospitals. I don't know the level of preparedness.
Hospital of Choice for Coronavirus Treatment
We Asked: Would you choose a public or private hospital if you needed treatment for Coronavirus? Why? If there is a specific hospital that you would go to in the event of severe illness? Which hospital and why? She replied...
Go to a well prepared hospital. Luckily we have choices.
We Asked: Are you considering returning to your home country due to the Coronavirus? Would this be a temporary move or a permanent repatriation? Please explain. She replied...
Sold my house to move to northern Italy. Didn't happen. My life has been spared, but am temporarily in a hotel. I still intend to move where there is NO 5G or many moratoriums on 5G that are holding.
Advice for People Outside of US
We Asked: If you live in an area already heavily affected by coronavirus, what advice would you share with others elswhere in the world who may be facing the same challenges in the future. She replied...
Follow the advice of the Center for Disease Control and your countries health authority. Be in the rural areas if you can where it is less populated.
Expat Health Insurance in United States
Expats interested in expat health insurance should take a minute to get a quote from our trusted expat health insurance partner, CIGNA.
Could someone please explain the connection between 5G and the virus?? And is this REAL or speculation??