What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Hannover?
We asked expat moms who gave birth in Hannover about their experiences and advice they have for other moms to be. They said...
"It is important to research the healthcare system in Hannover before having a baby. Make sure to register with a local doctor and midwife as soon as possible to ensure you have access to the best care. Additionally, it is important to familiarize yourself with the local maternity and childcare services, as well as the laws and regulations regarding parental leave and childcare. It is also a good idea to join a local expat group or forum to connect with other expats who have had babies in Hannover and can provide advice and support," remarked another expat who made the move to Hannover, Germany.
- What should I pack when moving to Hannover?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Hannover?
- Will I be able to find a job in Hannover?
- What is life like in Hannover?
- What do expats in Hannover appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Hannover?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Hannover accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Hannover like?
- What are healthcare services like in Hannover?
- What are medical services in Hannover like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Hannover?
- What are emergency services like in Hannover?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Hannover?
- How are local medical facilities in Hannover?
- As a foreigner living in Hannover, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Hannover?If you live in Hannover, newcomers to Hannover would love to hear your answer to this question.