What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Hannover?
We asked people in Hannover if they could share any humorous cultural blunders they commited. For new expats, keep in mind that these incidents are an inevitable part of expat life. Learning to laugh about them is the key!...
"It is important to be aware of cultural differences when visiting Hannover. To avoid making a cultural faux pas, it is important to be respectful of local customs and traditions. For example, it is considered rude to be late for appointments or social engagements, so it is important to be punctual. Additionally, it is important to dress appropriately for the occasion, as dressing too casually or too formally can be seen as disrespectful. It is also important to be aware of the local language and to avoid speaking too loudly in public. Finally, it is important to be aware of the local customs regarding physical contact, as some cultures may be more comfortable with physical contact than others," said a member in Hannover, Germany.
"I accidentally asked for a bag of ice cream instead of a cup of ice cream. We all got a good laugh," remarked another expat who made the move to Hannover, Germany.
- What should I pack when moving to Hannover?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Hannover?
- Will I be able to find a job in Hannover?
- What is life like in Hannover?
- What do expats in Hannover appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Hannover?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Hannover accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Hannover like?
- What are healthcare services like in Hannover?
- What are medical services in Hannover like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Hannover?
- What are emergency services like in Hannover?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Hannover?
- How are local medical facilities in Hannover?
- As a foreigner living in Hannover, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Hannover?If you live in Hannover, newcomers to Hannover would love to hear your answer to this question.