What should I pack when moving to Mumbai?
We asked people living in Mumbai to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Mumbai, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Pack lightweight, breathable clothing that is appropriate for the hot and humid climate. Bring a few items of clothing that can be layered for cooler evenings. Pack comfortable shoes that are suitable for walking on uneven surfaces. Bring a few items of clothing that are appropriate for religious sites and other places of worship. Include a few items of clothing that are suitable for formal occasions. Pack a few items of clothing that are suitable for the beach. Bring a few items of sunscreen, insect repellent, and other items to protect yourself from the sun and insects. Pack a few items of toiletries, including soap, shampoo, and toothpaste. Bring a few items of basic medical supplies, such as bandages, antiseptic cream, and painkillers. Include a few items of entertainment, such as books, music, and movies. Pack a few items of basic kitchen supplies, such as pots, pans, and utensils. Finally, bring a few items of currency, such as rupees, to help you get around," wrote a member who made the move to Mumbai, India.
"I wish I brought my vacuum cleaner as Mumbai is terribly dusty. Otherwise, I've been able to buy anything else I need. I wish I left all my oven cookware behind as ovens don't come with flats. It is an appliance I'm not willing to buy," explained one expat living in Mumbai, India.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Mumbai?
- What do I need to know before moving to Mumbai?
- How do I find a place to live in Mumbai?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Mumbai?
- What is the average cost of housing in Mumbai?
- How do I meet people in Mumbai?
- What should I pack when moving to Mumbai?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Mumbai?
- Will I be able to find a job in Mumbai?
- What is life like in Mumbai?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Mumbai?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Mumbai?
- What is the social scene like in Mumbai?
- What advice to expats in Mumbai have about housing?
- What are medical services in Mumbai like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Mumbai?
- Is the cost of living in Mumbai high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Mumbai?
- Why do people move to Mumbai?
What should I pack when moving to Mumbai?If you live in Mumbai, newcomers to Mumbai would love to hear your answer to this question.