What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Mumbai?
We asked expats what a typical home or apartment in Mumbai is like. They answered...
"Expat homes and apartments in Mumbai are typically modern and luxurious, with amenities such as air conditioning, high-speed internet, and 24-hour security. Many expat homes and apartments are located in upscale neighborhoods, such as Bandra, Juhu, and Malabar Hill, and offer stunning views of the city skyline. Expat homes and apartments often come with a variety of amenities, such as swimming pools, gyms, and private gardens. Expats can also find a variety of housing options, from high-rise apartments to villas and bungalows," commented one expat who made the move to Mumbai, India.
"We live in 2000 sq ft, flat; 4 bedroom that 3 bedrooms have 2 floor to ceiling wall closets; 5 bathrooms as the smallest is for the maid; 3 patios with 2 small patios attached to 2 bedrooms. The kitchen is small with one sink and a built in stove and a patio for the washing machine. I had to buy the refrigerator. I have a storage room with shelves. I have wall sliding glass doors in 2 bedrooms and the living room, and large window in the dining area, giving the place lots of light, and unfortunately, heat. We have an AC unit in each bedroom and living room. It is smaller than most expats' homes. They tend to live in much larger flats," remarked another expat in Mumbai, India.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Mumbai?
- What do I need to know before moving to Mumbai?
- How do I find a place to live in Mumbai?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Mumbai?
- What is the average cost of housing in Mumbai?
- How do I meet people in Mumbai?
- What should I pack when moving to Mumbai?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Mumbai?
- Will I be able to find a job in Mumbai?
- What is life like in Mumbai?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Mumbai?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Mumbai?
- What is the social scene like in Mumbai?
- What advice to expats in Mumbai have about housing?
- What are medical services in Mumbai like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Mumbai?
- Is the cost of living in Mumbai high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Mumbai?
- Why do people move to Mumbai?
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Mumbai?If you live in Mumbai, newcomers to Mumbai would love to hear your answer to this question.