What do I need to know before moving to Hannover?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Hannover, they said...
"Hannover is a vibrant city with a lot to offer expats. It is important to research the cost of living in the city before moving, as it can be quite expensive. It is also important to research the job market and the language requirements for any job you may be interested in. Additionally, it is important to familiarize yourself with the local culture and customs, as well as the local laws and regulations. Finally, it is important to make sure you have the necessary documents and paperwork to be able to live and work in Hannover," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Hannover, Germany.
- What should I pack when moving to Hannover?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Hannover?
- Will I be able to find a job in Hannover?
- What is life like in Hannover?
- What do expats in Hannover appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Hannover?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Hannover accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Hannover like?
- What are healthcare services like in Hannover?
- What are medical services in Hannover like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Hannover?
- What are emergency services like in Hannover?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Hannover?
- How are local medical facilities in Hannover?
- As a foreigner living in Hannover, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Hannover?If you live in Hannover, newcomers to Hannover would love to hear your answer to this question.