What do people like (and dislike) about Tamarindo?
When we asked expats and global nomads what they like and dislike about living in Tamarindo, they replied...
"Tamarindo condo is $1300 for a 1 bedroom 2 bedrooms are $1800. A house with a pool will cost you 3500+ if they are renting longer term. 90% of the market is Airbnb rental income properties. Condos that were 130k are selling for $290k now," commented one expat who made the move to Tamarindo, Costa Rica.
"Expatriates and digital nomads living in Tamarindo enjoy the laid-back atmosphere, the stunning beaches, and the abundance of outdoor activities. They also appreciate the friendly locals, the low cost of living, and the easy access to amenities. On the other hand, some expats and digital nomads may find the lack of infrastructure and public transportation inconvenient, and the high levels of tourism can be overwhelming," remarked another expat in Tamarindo, Costa Rica.
- What should I pack when moving to Tamarindo?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tamarindo?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tamarindo?
- What is life like in Tamarindo?
- What do expats in Tamarindo appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Tamarindo?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Tamarindo accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Tamarindo like?
- What are healthcare services like in Tamarindo?
- What are medical services in Tamarindo like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tamarindo?
- What are emergency services like in Tamarindo?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Tamarindo?
- How are local medical facilities in Tamarindo?
- As a foreigner living in Tamarindo, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do people like (and dislike) about Tamarindo?If you live in Tamarindo, newcomers to Tamarindo would love to hear your answer to this question: