What should I pack when moving to Ukraine?
We asked people living in Ukraine to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Ukraine, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Pack warm clothing such as sweaters, coats, and hats for the cold winter months. Bring comfortable shoes for walking and exploring the city. Pack items that will help you stay connected to your home country, such as a laptop, phone, and charger. Bring a few books to help you learn the language and culture. Don't forget to pack any necessary documents, such as a passport and visa. Finally, bring a few items that will help you feel at home, such as photos, souvenirs, and favorite items," said another expat in Ukraine.
- What should I pack when moving to Ukraine?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Ukraine?
- Will I be able to find a job in Ukraine?
- What is life like in Ukraine?
- What do expats in Ukraine appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Ukraine?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Ukraine accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Ukraine like?
- What are healthcare services like in Ukraine?
- What are medical services in Ukraine like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Ukraine?
- What are emergency services like in Ukraine?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Ukraine?
- How are local medical facilities in Ukraine?
- As a foreigner living in Ukraine, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Ukraine?If you live in Ukraine, newcomers to Ukraine would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.