Where should I setup a bank account in Ukraine?
We asked expats in Ukraine what banks they use and there advice about banking. They advised...
"Before retiring in Ukraine, expats should familiarize themselves with the local language, as English is not widely spoken. It is also important to research the cost of living in Ukraine, as prices can vary significantly depending on the region. Additionally, expats should be aware of the visa requirements for retirement in Ukraine, as well as any restrictions on foreign ownership of property. Finally, expats should research the healthcare system in Ukraine, as well as any health insurance options available to them," said another expat in Ukraine.
- What should I pack when moving to Ukraine?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Ukraine?
- Will I be able to find a job in Ukraine?
- What is life like in Ukraine?
- What do expats in Ukraine appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Ukraine?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Ukraine accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Ukraine like?
- What are healthcare services like in Ukraine?
- What are medical services in Ukraine like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Ukraine?
- What are emergency services like in Ukraine?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Ukraine?
- How are local medical facilities in Ukraine?
- As a foreigner living in Ukraine, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Where should I setup a bank account in Ukraine?If you live in Ukraine, newcomers to Ukraine would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.