Is the cost of living in Brazil high?
We asked people about the cost of living in Brazil, they wrote...
"The cost of living in Brazil varies greatly from place to place, with metropolitan cities like Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro having significantly higher costs of living than other cities in the country. Rent prices for a nice 1 bedroom apartment in Brazil can range from around $300 to $800 USD, with 2 bedroom apartments starting around $400 to $1200 USD. Eating dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Brazil can cost around $30 per person, depending on the city," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Brazil.
- What do I need to know before moving to Brazil?
- How do I find a place to live in Brazil?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Brazil?
- What is the average cost of housing in Brazil?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Brazil?
- What should I pack when moving to Brazil?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Brazil?
- Why do people move to Brazil?
- What are healthcare services like in Brazil?
- What are medical services in Brazil like?
- What are typical rents in Brazil?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
Is the cost of living in Brazil high?If you live in Brazil, newcomers to Brazil would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.