Retire in Philippines
Last updated on Mar 24, 2023
Summary: Retirees are attracted to the Philippines for its low cost of living, friendly locals, and beautiful beaches. The country also offers a wide range of activities and attractions, from hiking and diving to cultural experiences. The weather in the Philippines is generally warm and humid, with temperatures ranging from 75 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit (24 to 32 degrees Celsius).
What is it like to retire in Philippines?
"Angeles City is the home of the former US Clark Air Force Base. There are many, many foreigners here and Americans are not in the majority. Angeles City is known as the Entertainment Capital of the Philippines and nightlife abounds. There are also very good golf facilities and other recreational opportunities," commented one retiree living in Angeles City, Philippines.
"Cebu has expats, great nightlife, tourism infrastructure, networking, you name it. It is an inexpensive destination that has a broad appeal to visitors. Many new hotels and retail outlets," explained one retiree living in Cebu City.
What advice do overseas retirees have for others considering retiring abroad?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- Philippines Guide
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Philippines
- Members Talk about Healthcare & Health Insurance in Philippines
- Best Places to Live in Philippines
- Real Estate in Philippines
- Guide to Real Estate in Philippines
- Pros & Cons of Living in Philippines
- Cost of Living in Philippines
- Getting a Driver's License in Philippines
- Thailand vs. The Philippines
- 15 Best Places to Live in Philippines
- 10 Best Places to Live on the Coast in Philippines
- 2023 Guide to Living in Philippines
- Pros and Cons of Living in Philippines 2023
- 2023 Guide to Moving to Philippines