Real Estate in Geneva, Switzerland
Last updated on Jun 01, 2023
Summary: The average cost of a nice 2 bedroom home in Geneva, Switzerland is around $1.2 million USD, while a nice 3 bedroom home is around $1.5 million USD. These properties typically include modern amenities such as high-end appliances, marble countertops, and hardwood floors. Some may also include a balcony or terrace with views of the city or lake. There are no restrictions on foreign ownership for properties in Geneva. Expats should search for a home to buy in Geneva by researching the different neighborhoods and areas, looking at listings online, and visiting the city to get a better feel for the area. The most desirable neighborhoods in Geneva include Old Town, Carouge, Eaux-Vives, and Cologny. These areas are known for their beautiful architecture, vibrant culture, and close proximity to the lake.
How do I find a place to live in Geneva?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered:
"One of the best ways to find a place to live in Geneva is to use online resources such as websites like Homegate, ImmoScout24, and Comparis. These websites allow you to search for rental properties in Geneva and provide detailed information about the properties, such as the size, location, and amenities. Additionally, you can also use social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to search for rental properties in Geneva. You can also contact local real estate agents who specialize in rental properties in Geneva. They can provide you with more detailed information about the properties and help you find the perfect place to live," said one person in Geneva.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Geneva?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Geneva?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Geneva?
- What is the average cost of housing in Geneva?
- How do I meet people in Geneva?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Geneva?
- What should I pack when moving to Geneva?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Geneva?
- Will I be able to find a job in Geneva?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Geneva?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Geneva?
- What is the social scene like in Geneva?
- What advice to expats in Geneva have about housing?
- What are medical services in Geneva like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Geneva?
- Is the cost of living in Geneva high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Geneva?
- Why do people move to Geneva?