What do I need to know before retiring in Davao?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Davao, they said...
"Before retiring in Davao, expats should be aware of the cost of living, which is generally lower than in other parts of the country. They should also research the local culture and customs, as well as the availability of healthcare and other services. Additionally, expats should be aware of the local climate, which is generally hot and humid year-round. Finally, expats should research the local job market and the availability of recreational activities in the area," commented one expat who made the move to Davao, Philippines.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
"The best is to have some work over internet from outside the country. It is more an investment country over here than a job finding country," remarked another expat in Davao, Philippines.
- What should I pack when moving to Davao?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Davao?
- Will I be able to find a job in Davao?
- What is life like in Davao?
- What do expats in Davao appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Davao?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Davao accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Davao like?
- What are healthcare services like in Davao?
- What are medical services in Davao like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Davao?
- What are emergency services like in Davao?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Davao?
- How are local medical facilities in Davao?
- As a foreigner living in Davao, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before retiring in Davao?If you live in Davao, newcomers to Davao would love to hear your answer to this question.