Last updated on Jul 10, 2023
Summary: The approximate population of Alabang, Philippines is around 500,000 people. People describe Alabang as a modern, affluent, and well-developed city. Expats love living in Alabang because of its proximity to the city center, its modern infrastructure, and its excellent shopping and dining options. The weather in Alabang is generally warm and humid, with temperatures ranging from an average low of 68°F (20°C) to an average high of 88°F (31°C). The average cost of living for an expat is around $1,500 to $2,000 per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is around $500 to $700 per month, while a two bedroom apartment is around $700 to $1,000 per month.
What do I need to know about living in Alabang?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Alabang, they said:
"Before retiring in Alabang, expats should be aware of the cost of living, which is generally lower than in other parts of the country. They should also research the availability of healthcare services and the quality of the local infrastructure. Additionally, expats should familiarize themselves with the local culture and customs, as well as the language, to ensure a smooth transition. Finally, it is important to research the local job market and the availability of recreational activities in the area," commented one expat who made the move to Alabang.
What do I need to know before moving to Alabang?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Alabang?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Alabang?
- What is the average cost of housing in Alabang?
- How do I meet people in Alabang?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Alabang?
- What should I pack when moving to Alabang?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Alabang?
- Will I be able to find a job in Alabang?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Alabang?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Alabang?
- What is the social scene like in Alabang?
- What advice to expats in Alabang have about housing?
- What are medical services in Alabang like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Alabang?
- Is the cost of living in Alabang high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Alabang?
- Why do people move to Alabang?