What should I pack when moving to Davao?
We asked people living in Davao to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"A lot of patience and lowered expectations. The Philippines is after all a developing/3rd world country. It takes a lot of head scratching and acceptance to live here but I still like and enjoy it. Just don't expect efficiency, fairness or sensibility among other things. It takes a while to adjust to the way things are done in the PI," wrote a member who made the move to Davao, Philippines.
"When moving to Davao, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and lifestyle. Pack lightweight, breathable clothing that is suitable for the tropical climate. Bring a good pair of walking shoes, as well as a hat and sunglasses to protect you from the sun. Additionally, it is important to bring any necessary medications, as well as a first aid kit. Don't forget to bring a few items to make your new home feel like home, such as pictures, books, and other personal items. Finally, make sure to bring any important documents, such as your passport and visa," explained one expat living in Davao, Philippines.
- What should I pack when moving to Davao?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Davao?
- Will I be able to find a job in Davao?
- What is life like in Davao?
- What do expats in Davao appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Davao?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Davao accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Davao like?
- What are healthcare services like in Davao?
- What are medical services in Davao like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Davao?
- What are emergency services like in Davao?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Davao?
- How are local medical facilities in Davao?
- As a foreigner living in Davao, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Davao?If you live in Davao, newcomers to Davao would love to hear your answer to this question.