What should I pack when moving to Davao?
We asked people living in Davao to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Davao, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and lifestyle. Pack lightweight, breathable clothing that is suitable for the tropical climate. Bring a good pair of walking shoes, as well as a hat and sunglasses to protect you from the sun. Additionally, it is important to bring any necessary medications, as well as a first aid kit. Don't forget to bring a few items to make your new home feel like home, such as pictures, books, and other personal items. Finally, make sure to bring any important documents, such as your passport and visa," commented one expat who made the move to Davao, Philippines.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
"AN exit plan!!!! 50% end up leaving that country due to the stupidity. I swore when i moved there it was forever.. LOL oh what fool I was," remarked another expat in Davao, Philippines.
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What do I need to know before retiring in Davao?
- What do I need to know before moving to Davao?
- How do I find a place to live in Davao?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Davao?
- What is the average cost of housing in Davao?
- How do I meet people in Davao?
- What should I pack when moving to Davao?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Davao?
- Will I be able to find a job in Davao?
- What is life like in Davao?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Davao?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Davao?
- What is the social scene like in Davao?
- What advice to expats in Davao have about housing?
- What are medical services in Davao like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Davao?
- Is the cost of living in Davao high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Davao?
- Why do people move to Davao?
What should I pack when moving to Davao?If you live in Davao, newcomers to Davao would love to hear your answer to this question.