What do I need to know before moving to Berlin?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Berlin, they said...
"Berlin is a vibrant and diverse city with a rich cultural history. Expats should be aware that the cost of living in Berlin is relatively high, so it is important to budget accordingly. It is also important to research the different neighborhoods in Berlin to find the best fit for your lifestyle. Expats should also be aware that the German language is widely spoken in Berlin, so it is beneficial to learn some basic German before moving. Additionally, it is important to familiarize yourself with the German healthcare system and to obtain health insurance. Finally, Berlin is a great city for expats to explore and enjoy, so make sure to take advantage of all the city has to offer," explained one expat living in Berlin, Germany.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Berlin?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Berlin?
- Will I be able to find a job in Berlin?
- What is life like in Berlin?
- What do expats in Berlin appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Berlin?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Berlin accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Berlin like?
- What are healthcare services like in Berlin?
- What are medical services in Berlin like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Berlin?
- What are emergency services like in Berlin?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Berlin?
- How are local medical facilities in Berlin?
- As a foreigner living in Berlin, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Berlin?If you live in Berlin, newcomers to Berlin would love to hear your answer to this question.