What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
When we asked expats and global nomads in Nassau about their experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system, they replied...
"The pandemic has had a significant impact on the local healthcare system in Nassau. The healthcare system has had to adjust to the new demands of the pandemic, including the need for more testing and contact tracing. The healthcare system has also had to adjust to the increased demand for services, such as telemedicine, which has become more widely available. The healthcare system has also had to adjust to the new safety protocols, such as social distancing, wearing masks, and frequent handwashing. Despite the challenges, the healthcare system in Nassau has been able to provide quality care to those in need," said a member in Nassau, Bahamas.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
"I had an MRI done on my back and hip. And an ultrasound on my testicles. No issues at all. Felt the standard of care was met on all fronts," remarked another expat who made the move to Nassau, Bahamas.
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Nassau?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nassau?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nassau?
- What is life like in Nassau?
- What do expats in Nassau appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Nassau?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Nassau accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Nassau like?
- What are healthcare services like in Nassau?
- What are medical services in Nassau like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nassau?
- What are emergency services like in Nassau?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Nassau?
- How are local medical facilities in Nassau?
- As a foreigner living in Nassau, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?If you live in Nassau, newcomers to Nassau would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.