What should I pack when moving to Dominican Rep?
We asked people living in Dominican Rep to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to the Dominican Republic, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Pack lightweight, breathable clothing that is appropriate for the warm and humid climate. Bring comfortable shoes for walking and exploring the country. Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat are also essential for protecting yourself from the sun. Additionally, it is important to bring any necessary medications and toiletries. Don't forget to bring a few items that will help you feel at home, such as photos, books, and music," said another expat in Dominican Rep.
"I wish I'd brought Cooking utensels, Spices for cooking, American Cable TV. There's nothing I wish I'd left behind," wrote a member who made the move to Santo Domingo, Dominican Rep.
- What do I need to know before moving to the Dominican Republic?
- How do I find a place to live in the Dominican Republic?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in the Dominican Republic?
- What is the average cost of housing in the Dominican Republic?
- Should I buy or rent a home in the Dominican Republic?
- What should I pack when moving to the Dominican Republic?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in the Dominican Republic?
- Why do people move to the Dominican Republic?
- What are healthcare services like in the Dominican Republic?
- What are medical services in the Dominican Republic like?
- What are typical rents in the Dominican Republic?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What should I pack when moving to Dominican Rep?If you live in the Dominican Republic, newcomers to the Dominican Republic would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.