Last updated on Apr 22, 2023
Summary: The approximate population of Haifa, Israel is around 280,000 people. People describe Haifa as a vibrant, diverse, and beautiful city. Expats love the city's Mediterranean climate, its stunning views of the sea, and its friendly locals. The weather in Haifa is typically mild, with temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to the mid-70s Fahrenheit (10-25 Celsius). The average cost of living in Haifa for an expat is around $1,500 per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is around $800 per month, and a two bedroom apartment is around $1,200 per month.
What do I need to know about living in Haifa?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Haifa, they said:
"Before retiring in Haifa, expats should familiarize themselves with the local culture and customs. It is also important to research the cost of living in Haifa, as well as the availability of healthcare and other services. Additionally, expats should consider the climate in Haifa, as it can be quite hot and humid in the summer months. Finally, expats should make sure to obtain the necessary visas and permits before moving to Haifa," wrote one member in Haifa.
"If you want a quiet family centered lifestyle go to Haifa. If you're single and want night-life go to Tel Aviv. If you want musuems and history go to Jerusalem," remarked one expat who made the move to Haifa.
What do I need to know before moving to Haifa?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Haifa?
- How do I find a place to live in Haifa?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Haifa?
- What is the average cost of housing in Haifa?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Haifa?
- What should I pack when moving to Haifa?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Haifa?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Haifa?
- What are healthcare services like in Haifa?
- Is the cost of living in Haifa high?
- Will I save money living in Haifa?
- Why do people move to Haifa?
- How are healthcare services in Haifa?
- What are medical services in Haifa like?