Retire in Mexico City
Last updated on Mar 08, 2023
Summary: Mexico City, Mexico is an attractive destination for retirees due to its vibrant culture, diverse cuisine, and affordable cost of living. There are several retirement communities in Mexico City, offering a variety of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, and social activities. The cost of a nice two bedroom home in Mexico City is typically around $100,000 USD, while a nice three bedroom home can cost around $150,000 USD. The weather in Mexico City is generally mild, with temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to the mid-80s Fahrenheit throughout the year.
What is it like to retire in Mexico City?
"Life in Mexico City and its surroundings is an incredibly vibrant experience for retirees. Thanks to its large expat community, retirees can find a sense of companionship and community, as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. There are a wide variety of cultural attractions to enjoy, such as colorful street murals, outdoor markets, and elegant colonial architecture. There is an abundance of recreational activities to partake in such as boating, golfing, and jogging along the scenic waterfront. For a night out, retirees can enjoy live music and delicious cuisine from around the world in the city’s lively restaurants, bars, and clubs. Mexico City and its surroundings offer retirees a great quality of life in a beautiful and vibrant setting," said a retiree who moved to Mexico City, Mexico.
What advice do overseas retirees have for others considering retiring abroad?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- Expat Guide to Mexico City
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Mexico City
- Pros & Cons of Living in Mexico City
- Cost of Living in Mexico City
- Essential Guide to the Health System in Mexico City
- The Insider's Guide to Mexico City
- Living in Mexico City
- International Schools in Mexico City
- 7 Best Neighborhoods in Mexico City
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Mexico
- Best Places to Live in Mexico
- Retire in San Miguel de Allende Guide
- What It's Like Living in Mexico City
- Pros and Cons of Living in Mexico 2023
- 2023 Guide to Moving to Mexico
- Members Talk about the Cost of Living in Mexico