Retire in Panama City, Panama
Last updated on Mar 09, 2023
Summary: Panama City, Panama is a popular destination for retirees due to its low cost of living, beautiful beaches, and vibrant culture. There are several retirement communities in Panama City, offering a variety of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, and social activities. The cost of a nice two bedroom home in Panama City is typically around $150,000 USD, while a nice three bedroom home can cost around $200,000 USD. The weather in Panama City is generally warm and humid, with temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to the mid-90s Fahrenheit.
What is it like to retire in Panama City?
"Life for a retiree in Panama City and its surroundings is quite enjoyable. There is an active expat community, with many retirees from the United States and Europe. There are plenty of cultural attractions to explore, such as the Panama Canal, the Panama Viejo ruins, and the many museums and galleries. There is also plenty of recreation to be had, from hiking in the nearby mountains to swimming in the Caribbean Sea. For those looking for nightlife, there are plenty of bars, clubs, and restaurants to explore," said a person in Panama City.
What advice do overseas retirees have for others considering retiring abroad?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Panama City?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Panama City?
- Will I be able to find a job in Panama City?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Panama City appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Panama City?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Panama City accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Panama City like?
- How are healthcare services in Panama City?
- What are medical services in Panama City like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Panama City?
- What are emergency services like in Panama City?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Panama City?
- How are local medical facilities in Panama City?
- As a foreigner living in Panama City, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?