Cost of Living in Quebec City, Canada
Last updated on Apr 18, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in Quebec City, Canada is generally considered to be quite affordable. A nice 1 bedroom apartment in Quebec City can cost anywhere from $800 to $1,200 USD per month, while a nice 2 bedroom apartment can cost anywhere from $1,200 to $1,800 USD per month. The cost of dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Quebec City is usually around $20 USD per person.
Is the cost of living in Quebec City high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Quebec City, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Quebec City is generally considered to be quite affordable. Groceries, transportation, and utilities are all relatively inexpensive compared to other major cities in Canada. Rent prices can vary depending on the area, but are generally lower than in other major cities. Eating out can also be quite affordable, with many restaurants offering good value for money," wrote a person living in Quebec City.
"The cost of living in Quebec City is generally considered to be relatively affordable. Groceries, transportation and entertainment are generally considered to be lower than the Canadian average, while housing costs are slightly higher," explained one expat living in Quebec City.
Will I save money living in Quebec City?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What should I pack when moving to Quebec City?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Quebec City?
- Will I be able to find a job in Quebec City?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Quebec City appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Quebec City?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Quebec City accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Quebec City like?
- How are healthcare services in Quebec City?
- What are medical services in Quebec City like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Quebec City?
- What are emergency services like in Quebec City?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Quebec City?
- How are local medical facilities in Quebec City?
- As a foreigner living in Quebec City, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?