Real Estate in Basel, Switzerland
Last updated on Sep 17, 2022
Summary: People living in Basel, Switzerland offer advice about real estate. How do you find a home in Basel? Should you buy or rent? What is the cost of housing?
How do I find a place to live in Basel?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered:
"I used a relocation agent who showed me multiple neighborhoods and described pros/cons. I then asked colleagues what they thought and went for their recommendations," explained one person living in Basel, Switzerland.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Basel?
"A multi-level city apartment in the center of town. No. It is hard to find an apartment like this. They are highly desirable and usually are taken by Swiss citizens," explained one expat living in Basel, Switzerland.
What is the average cost of housing in Basel?
If you are thinking about moving to Basel, cost of living in probably a key consideration. Expats commented about the cost of housing:
"Higher, but an apartment like I had in NYC would have been much more expensive. $3000 per month plus utilities for a two bedroom apartment," added another expat who made the move to Basel.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Basel?
- What do I need to know before moving to Basel?
- How do I find a place to live in Basel?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Basel?
- What is the average cost of housing in Basel?
- How do I meet people in Basel?
- What should I pack when moving to Basel?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Basel?
- Will I be able to find a job in Basel?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Basel?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Basel?
- What is the social scene like in Basel?
- What advice to expats in Basel have about housing?
- What are medical services in Basel like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Basel?
- Is the cost of living in Basel high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Basel?
- Why do people move to Basel?