What should I pack when moving to Budapest?
We asked people living in Budapest to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Budapest, it is important to pack items that will help you feel comfortable and settled in your new home. Consider bringing clothing for all seasons, as the weather in Budapest can range from hot summers to cold winters. It is also a good idea to bring any necessary documents, such as a passport, visa, and any other important paperwork. Additionally, it is helpful to bring items that will make your new home feel like home, such as pictures, decorations, and any other items that will make you feel at home. Finally, it is important to bring any necessary electronics, such as a laptop, phone, and any other items that you may need," said another expat in Budapest, Hungary.
"If you’re relocating to Hungary the only things you really need to bring are the things that are irreplaceable to you. Family photos, art, mementos. Despite what you may have heard virtually everything else is available if you know where to look. Jonesing for a Reese’s peanut butter cup? Asian store on Kiraly in the 6th and so on. Anything you pack and ship besides clothes and personal items is probably a waste. I wish I brought half as much as I did. Things not to bring? Furniture and anything with a plug," wrote a member who made the move to Hungary.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Budapest?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Budapest?
- Will I be able to find a job in Budapest?
- What is life like in Budapest?
- What do expats in Budapest appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Budapest?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Budapest accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Budapest like?
- What are healthcare services like in Budapest?
- What are medical services in Budapest like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Budapest?
- What are emergency services like in Budapest?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Budapest?
- How are local medical facilities in Budapest?
- As a foreigner living in Budapest, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Budapest?If you live in Budapest, newcomers to Budapest would love to hear your answer to this question.