What do I need to know before moving to Cambridge?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Cambridge, they said...
"Before moving to Cambridge, expats should be aware that the cost of living is relatively high. It is important to research the local housing market and find out what kind of accommodation is available and what the average rental prices are. Expats should also be aware that the city is very popular with tourists, so it can be quite crowded during peak times. Additionally, the weather in Cambridge can be unpredictable, so it is important to be prepared for all kinds of weather. Finally, expats should research the local job market and find out what kind of employment opportunities are available," remarked another expat in Cambridge, England.
- What should I pack when moving to Cambridge?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Cambridge?
- Will I be able to find a job in Cambridge?
- What is life like in Cambridge?
- What do expats in Cambridge appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Cambridge?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Cambridge accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Cambridge like?
- What are healthcare services like in Cambridge?
- What are medical services in Cambridge like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Cambridge?
- What are emergency services like in Cambridge?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Cambridge?
- How are local medical facilities in Cambridge?
- As a foreigner living in Cambridge, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before moving to Cambridge?If you live in Cambridge, newcomers to Cambridge would love to hear your answer to this question.