If you're moving to Rome, our Guide to Living in Rome provides answers to the questions most often asked by newcomers. Is living in Rome expensive? Which are the best International Schools in Rome? What if my apartment is a little smaller than the size required for obtaining a Residency Card? Where do expats live in Rome? The list goes on.
2023 Expat Guide to Living in Rome
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Rome.
Talk with other digital nomads and expats in Rome on our Rome forum - meet people, get advice and help others.
Expats in Rome talk about the Pros & Cons of Living in Rome.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in Rome.
Member Reports about Culture Shock in Rome
Retire in Rome Guide
Retire in Rome with confidence, armed with the knowledge from our extensive guide. It covers critical considerations for retirees, from the cost of living and climate to housing, healthcare, and residency choices in Rome. We also delve into the social and cultural scene, volunteering options, public transportation facilities, and the city''s walkability, helping you make an informed decision.
7 Tips for Living in Rome
Advice for people moving to Rome or thinking about moving there.
Pros & Cons of Living in Rome
Planning a potential move to Rome? Delve into this comprehensive article, which delves into the various pros and cons of calling Rome home.
Tips for Expats Driving in Rome
Driving in a new country can be daunting. These tips offer insight into what to expect when driving in Rome.
Cost of Living in Rome
If you're moving to Rome, understanding the the cost of living in Rome helps you know what to expect when it comes to apartment or house hunting, grocery shopping, transportation, dining out, utilities and more.
Health Care in Rome
Explore healthcare options for expatriates and digital nomads in Rome: uncover top-rated providers, hospitals, and medical facilities to meet your needs while living abroad in Rome.
The Insider's Guide to Rome
Living it Up in Rome: Your Insider's Guide to Top Attractions, Culinary Hotspots, Nightlife, and More. Discover the Best Recreational Activities, Connect with Friendly Locals, and Experience the Charm of the City.
American Women's Association of Rome: Charity, Connection & Cooking during Pandemic
The American Women's Association of Rome remotely collaborated on a cookbook during the pandemic. It's available now and part of the proceeds are donated to Italy's Protezione Civile, to aid those health professionals who have been on the front lines during the pandemic.
Expats in Rome offer advice about Moving to Rome.
Retirees in Rome talk about life in Rome.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Rome.
Questions & Answers:
- What should I pack when moving to Rome?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Rome?
- Will I be able to find a job in Rome?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Rome appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Rome?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Rome accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Rome like?
- How are healthcare services in Rome?
- What are medical services in Rome like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Rome?
- What are emergency services like in Rome?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Rome?
- How are local medical facilities in Rome?
- As a foreigner living in Rome, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?