If you're moving to Rome, our Guide to Living in Rome provides answers to the questions most often asked by newcomers. Is living in Rome expensive? Which are the best International Schools in Rome? What if my apartment is a little smaller than the size required for obtaining a Residency Card? Where do expats live in Rome? The list goes on.
2023 Expat Guide to Living in Rome
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Rome.
Talk with other digital nomads and expats in Rome on our Rome forum - meet people, get advice and help others.
Expats in Rome talk about the Pros & Cons of Living in Rome.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in Rome.
Member Reports about Culture Shock in Rome
The Insider's Guide to Rome
Discover the charm of Rome with our guide to the city's top attractions, culinary hotspots, and vibrant nightlife. From outdoor adventures to cultural experiences, we'll also help you find the best recreational activities to enjoy, and offer advice on making lasting connections with the friendly locals.
American Women's Association of Rome: Charity, Connection & Cooking during Pandemic
The American Women's Association of Rome remotely collaborated on a cookbook during the pandemic. It's available now and part of the proceeds are donated to Italy's Protezione Civile, to aid those health professionals who have been on the front lines during the pandemic.
Expats in Rome offer advice about Moving to Rome.
Retirees in Rome talk about life in Rome.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Rome.
Questions & Answers:
- What should I pack when moving to Rome?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Rome?
- Will I be able to find a job in Rome?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Rome appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Rome?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Rome accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Rome like?
- How are healthcare services Rome?
- What are medical services in Rome like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Rome?
- What are emergency services like in Rome?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Rome?
- How are local medical facilities in Rome?
- As a foreigner living in Rome, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?