What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Quito?
We asked expat moms who gave birth in Quito about their experiences and advice they have for other moms to be. They said...
"1) Start researching the medical care available to you in Quito as soon as possible, so you have time to make a well-informed decision. 2) Reach out to the local expat community for tips and advice about birthing centers, pediatricians and any other maternity-related services. 3) Make sure to enroll your child in a health insurance plan at birth, so you can be prepared for any unexpected medical costs. 4) Plan ahead for any additional transportation or childcare needs after the baby is born. 5) Take advantage of assistance programs offered by the government or local NGOs to help cover the costs of mother and baby care. 6) Consider enrolling yourself and your baby in free or low-cost prenatal or postnatal classes. 7) Before giving birth, be sure to review the cultural and legal aspects of having a baby in Ecuador, such as registering with the government, applying for the baby’s passport, and obtaining the necessary documentation. 8) Make sure to set aside some time to relax and take in the joy of having a new baby," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Quito, Ecuador, Ecuador.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Quito?
- What do I need to know before moving to Quito?
- How do I find a place to live in Quito?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Quito?
- What is the average cost of housing in Quito?
- How do I meet people in Quito?
- What should I pack when moving to Quito?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Quito?
- Will I be able to find a job in Quito?
- What is life like in Quito?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Quito?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Quito?
- What is the social scene like in Quito?
- What advice to expats in Quito have about housing?
- What are medical services in Quito like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Quito?
- Is the cost of living in Quito high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Quito?
- Why do people move to Quito?
What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Quito?If you live in Quito, newcomers to Quito would love to hear your answer to this question.