Is the cost of living in Lyon high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Lyon, they wrote...
"Living in Lyon is generally considered to be very affordable, compared to other large French cities. Prices for food, rent, and transportation tend to be lower than in Paris. Basic one-bedroom apartments in the centre of the city usually cost around €800-900 per month, while monthly public transport tickets tend to be around €40-50. Depending on lifestyle, living costs in Lyon can range from €800-1500 per month," wrote a member who made the move to Lyon, France, France.
- What should I pack when moving to Lyon?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Lyon?
- Will I be able to find a job in Lyon?
- What is life like in Lyon?
- What do expats in Lyon appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Lyon?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Lyon accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Lyon like?
- What are healthcare services like in Lyon?
- What are medical services in Lyon like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Lyon?
- What are emergency services like in Lyon?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Lyon?
- How are local medical facilities in Lyon?
- As a foreigner living in Lyon, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Is the cost of living in Lyon high?If you live in Lyon, newcomers to Lyon would love to hear your answer to this question.