What should I pack when moving to Lyon?
We asked people living in Lyon to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When you are moving to Lyon, make sure to pack the basics such as comfortable clothing, shoes and personal toiletries. Bring some rain gear, such as an umbrella and waterproof jacket, since Lyon experiences occasional rain showers. Bring some items to help you adapt to the culture, such as books and films in French, which will give you an idea of the local culture. An international electrical adapter is also a must in order to use any electronics safely. Additionally, don’t forget to pack some favorite items from home to create the feeling of home in your new home," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Lyon, France, France.
- What should I pack when moving to Lyon?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Lyon?
- Will I be able to find a job in Lyon?
- What is life like in Lyon?
- What do expats in Lyon appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Lyon?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Lyon accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Lyon like?
- What are healthcare services like in Lyon?
- What are medical services in Lyon like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Lyon?
- What are emergency services like in Lyon?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Lyon?
- How are local medical facilities in Lyon?
- As a foreigner living in Lyon, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Lyon?If you live in Lyon, newcomers to Lyon would love to hear your answer to this question.