How do I find a place to live in Mexico City?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered...
"The first step in finding a place to live in Mexico City is to decide on the type of accommodation that you prefer. Are you looking for a single rental unit, a room in a shared house or apartment, or a fully furnished flat or house? You can search for rental listings online by searching for websites such as VivaStreet Mexico and EasyRoommate Mexico. You can also consult with a local real estate agency and speak with a realtor who knows the area and can show you a variety of options. Additionally, you can join local expat Facebook groups or browse the classifieds section of local expat websites to get an idea of what’s available. Once you’ve identified potential properties, you should visit each in person to get a better feel for them before you make a final decision," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Mexico City, Mexico.
"My company assisted us by hiring a Relocation company. In Mexico City it is very important to know where you will work in order to find your home. Commuting time can be terrible if you do not consider this important issues," commented one expat who made the move to Mexico City, Mexico.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Mexico City?
- What do I need to know before moving to Mexico City?
- How do I find a place to live in Mexico City?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Mexico City?
- What is the average cost of housing in Mexico City?
- How do I meet people in Mexico City?
- What should I pack when moving to Mexico City?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Mexico City?
- Will I be able to find a job in Mexico City?
- What is life like in Mexico City?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Mexico City?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Mexico City?
- What is the social scene like in Mexico City?
- What advice to expats in Mexico City have about housing?
- What are medical services in Mexico City like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Mexico City?
- Is the cost of living in Mexico City high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Mexico City?
- Why do people move to Mexico City?
How do I find a place to live in Mexico City?If you live in Mexico City, newcomers to Mexico City would love to hear your answer to this question.