Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Canada?
When we asked expats in Canada if healthcare and health insurance are expensive in Canada, they wrote...
"Healthcare and health insurance in Canada can be expensive, depending on the type of coverage and services needed. Generally, Canadians pay for their healthcare through taxes, which are used to fund public health insurance plans. Private health insurance plans are also available, but they tend to be more expensive and may not cover all of the services that are available through public plans. Additionally, some services may not be covered by either public or private plans, and these services may need to be paid for out-of-pocket," said a member in Canada.
- What do I need to know before moving to Canada?
- How do I find a place to live in Canada?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Canada?
- What is the average cost of housing in Canada?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Canada?
- What should I pack when moving to Canada?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Canada?
- Why do people move to Canada?
- What are healthcare services like in Canada?
- What are medical services in Canada like?
- What are typical rents in Canada?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Canada?If you live in Canada, newcomers to Canada would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.