Why do people move to India?
When we asked people why foreigners move to India, they responded...
"One factor that attracts expats to move to India is the cultural diversity of the country, with its rich history and heritage. India also offers an array of exciting career opportunities and is home to many of the world’s leading tech innovators. India has a vibrant economy and is considered one of the fastest-growing markets in the world, attracting a wide range of professionals. Additionally, expats are often drawn to India’s vibrant atmosphere and the cost of living is relatively low, in comparison to other places in the world. The country is steeped in both modern and traditional culture, ensuring expats have access to a plethora of entertainment options. India also offers a range of outdoor activities like trekking and wildlife safaris, making it an exciting destination for expats to explore," said another in India.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to India?
- Where should I setup a bank account in India?
- Will I be able to find a job in India?
- What is life like in India?
- What do expats in India appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in India?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in India accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in India like?
- What are healthcare services like in India?
- What are medical services in India like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in India?
- What are emergency services like in India?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in India?
- How are local medical facilities in India?
- As a foreigner living in India, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Why do people move to India?If you live in India, newcomers to India would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.