Cost of Living in Dundee, Scotland
Last updated on May 09, 2023
Summary: What is the cost of living in Dundee, Scotland? Hear what expats, digital nomads and retirees living in Dundee have to say about the cost of housing, health insurance and general living costs.
Is the cost of living in Dundee high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Dundee, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Dundee, is considered to be relatively affordable compared to other cities in the UK. Housing is quite reasonable, with rental prices being significantly lower than in cities such as Edinburgh or Glasgow. The cost of utilities such as electricity, heating, and internet is also relatively low. When it comes to groceries, prices are on par with the national average. Eating out in restaurants or cafes in Dundee can be quite affordable, with a wide range of options to suit different budgets. Public transportation in Dundee is also reasonably priced, and the city is compact enough to walk or cycle around, which can save on transportation costs. However, like any city, the cost of living can vary depending on your lifestyle and spending habits. For instance, frequent nights out, gym memberships, and other leisure activities can add to your monthly expenses. Overall, Dundee is considered a cost-effective choice for living in Scotland," explained one expat.
Will I save money living in Dundee?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Dundee?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Dundee?
- What is the average cost of housing in Dundee?
- How do I meet people in Dundee?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Dundee?
- What should I pack when moving to Dundee?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Dundee?
- Will I be able to find a job in Dundee?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Dundee?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Dundee?
- What is the social scene like in Dundee?
- What advice to expats in Dundee have about housing?
- What are medical services in Dundee like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Dundee?
- Is the cost of living in Dundee high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Dundee?
- Why do people move to Dundee?