Cost of Living in Philippines
Last updated on May 13, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in the Philippines is generally considered to be quite affordable. A nice one bedroom apartment in the Philippines can cost anywhere from $400 to $800 per month, while a nice two bedroom apartment can cost from $600 to $1,200 per month. The cost of dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in the Philippines is usually around $10 to $15 per person.
Is the cost of living in Philippines high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Philippines, they wrote:
"That's a difficult question. It all depends on the retiree's needs and his ability to live within his means. I believe that one can make it work at almost any income level if they are willing to make the appropriate sacrifices," explained one expat living in Angeles City.
"For Air conditioning, internet, phone, cable TV, water, tax, transportation, pharmacy, food and hardware, and all extras cost me $1200 Canadian dollars a month," said one expat in Prudential Village, Daliao, Davao City.
Will I save money living in Philippines?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Philippines?
- How do I find a place to live in Philippines?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Philippines?
- What is the average cost of housing in Philippines?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Philippines?
- What should I pack when moving to Philippines?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Philippines?
- Why do people move to Philippines?
- How are healthcare services in Philippines?
- What are medical services in Philippines like?
- What are typical rents in Philippines?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?