Real Estate in Philippines
Last updated on May 18, 2023
Summary: An expat should search for a home to buy in the Philippines by researching the local real estate market and consulting with a real estate agent who is familiar with the area. It is also important to consider the location, budget, and size of the home. Homes in the Philippines typically include amenities such as air conditioning, a kitchen, and a bathroom. Some homes may also include a balcony, a garden, or a pool. Foreigners are allowed to own property in the Philippines, but there are restrictions on the type of property that can be purchased. Foreigners are not allowed to own land, but they can own condominiums, apartments, and houses.
How do I find a place to live in Philippines?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered:
"My wife's father whom has lived all his life in our area helped to find the property as I wanted to overlook the ocean from our new home. I had a new home built to my spec's so when we arrived the house was good to go," remarked one foreigner who made the move to Isabel.
"My wife has lived in this area for over 15 years and has a chrome plating busines located in another close city," explained one person living in Valenzuela City, Philippines.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Philippines?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- Philippines Guide
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Philippines
- Members Talk about Healthcare & Health Insurance in Philippines
- Best Places to Live in Philippines
- Real Estate in Philippines
- Guide to Real Estate in Philippines
- Pros & Cons of Living in Philippines
- Cost of Living in Philippines
- Dengue Virus in Philippines
- Culture Shock in Philippines
- Homeschooling in Philippines
- How to Enroll Your Children in School in Philippines
- 2024 Guide to Living in Philippines
- Pros and Cons of Living in Philippines 2024
- 2024 Guide to Moving to Philippines