Last updated on Jul 09, 2023
Summary: Expats, digital nomads and retirees discuss what it is like to live in Kamogawa, Japan: Cost of living, Finding a home, Meeting People and more.
What do I need to know before moving to Kamogawa?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Kamogawa, they said:
"Expats moving to Kamogawa should be aware that the city is located in Chiba Prefecture, which is known for its beautiful beaches and natural scenery. The primary language spoken is Japanese, so learning the language or at least basic phrases would be beneficial. The cost of living in Kamogawa is relatively lower compared to Tokyo, but it's still important to budget accordingly. Public transportation is reliable and efficient, with buses and trains being the main modes of transport. Driving is also an option, but you will need to obtain a Japanese driver's license. Kamogawa has a humid subtropical climate, with hot summers and mild winters, so pack your clothes accordingly. The city is known for its seafood, particularly lobster, so seafood lovers will enjoy the local cuisine. Kamogawa is also home to several festivals throughout the year, providing a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture. Healthcare in Japan is of a high standard, but it's recommended to have health insurance to cover any medical costs. It's also important to note that Japan is a very safe country with low crime rates, but it's always wise to take standard precautions. Lastly, Japanese people are known for their politeness and respect for rules, so it's important to familiarize yourself with local customs and etiquette to avoid any cultural faux pas," remarked one expat living in Kamogawa, Japan.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Kamogawa?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Kamogawa?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Kamogawa?
- What is the average cost of housing in Kamogawa?
- How do I meet people in Kamogawa?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Kamogawa?
- What should I pack when moving to Kamogawa?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Kamogawa?
- Will I be able to find a job in Kamogawa?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Kamogawa?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Kamogawa?
- What is the social scene like in Kamogawa?
- What advice to expats in Kamogawa have about housing?
- What are medical services in Kamogawa like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Kamogawa?
- Is the cost of living in Kamogawa high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Kamogawa?
- Why do people move to Kamogawa?