Retire in Orleans, France
Last updated on Sep 17, 2022
Summary: What is it like to retire in Orleans, France? DATASENTENCE Retirees share their experiences living in Orleans.
How do I meet people in Orleans?
When we asked people living in Orleans about club and activities where newcomers can meet others, they responded:
"There is a club for English speaking women which welcomes all nationalities of woman who speak English or want to improve their English. It's called the International Women's Club. They organize coffees, book reviews, activities for children and outings for the women members like visits to other cities," said another retiree in living in Orleans, France.
What is life like in Orleans?
When we asked people living in Orleans what life is like and how people spend their time, they said:
"Since we are retired, our lives do not revolve around a job or company. We socialize with our neighbors and have developed some very close friends among them. Of course, it helps if you speak French. We socialize with families with children although we don't have children ourselves. There isn't any problem with that," said a retiree who moved to Orleans, France.
What do I need to know before retiring in Orleans?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Orleans, they said:
"If he has a family it is a good place to live. If he or she is single, I can't advise them since I don't know the single scene here. There is a big university here so they may be able to connect with the students there but I don't know anything about the clubs or other diversions for single people," said a retiree who moved to Orleans, France.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Orleans?
- How do I find a place to live in Orleans?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Orleans?
- What is the average cost of housing in Orleans?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Orleans?
- What should I pack when moving to Orleans?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Orleans?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Orleans?
- What are healthcare services like in Orleans?
- Is the cost of living in Orleans high?
- Will I save money living in Orleans?
- Why do people move to Orleans?
- How are healthcare services Orleans?
- What are medical services in Orleans like?